Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 14

One day, when I was still heavily pregnant, I spotted this pair of shoes after a marathon shopping session. It was almost 10pm and my legs were close to giving way, but I had to try them on.

But slipping my foot into the shoe suddenly triggered off the mother of all leg cramps, a cramp so bad, it left me yelling and thrashing around. I shrieked at the Resident Bureaucrat to help me flex my foot to stop the cramp, a move which was supposed to provide instant relief. But of course, as Murphy's law would have it, the cramp was so bad, it locked my foot firmly in place and the Resident Bureaucrat had to massage my leg instead to try to ease the pain.

Massages don't work on leg cramps, take it from me.

Eventually, the cramp did go away, but not after several minutes of me screaming: "Aiyah very pain!!!!!!!!"

I swear it hurt more than childbirth. I was limping for one week after that. Ah, the joys of pregnancy.

I bought the shoes all the same, cramp or no cramp. I like them very much.

No comments: