Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 31
One of my favourite beverages: A big cup of tea with plenty, plenty, plenty of milk but no sugar. Yes, we're still eating the muffins, ahem, I mean cupcakes, from that day.


Day 32
Bak kut chilli mee from the Beach Road Hawker Centre. I like my noodles with plenty of chilli, even if it sets my mouth on fire and makes my eyes water and my nose run. Just call me a masochist.


Day 33
I dug out this pile of newspapers from under the bed of The Straits Times' No. 1 fan. He hasn't been reading the papers from page to page lately because he has been too busy at work, but he has saved up every single copy in the hope that one day, some day, he will have the time to clear up his backlog. Some of these newspapers date back to 2009.


Day 34
Shortly after we finished the, um, cupcakes, I was inspired to bake again, this time, a lemon cake inspired by a recipe published in Sunday's LifeStyle. The cake tasted pretty decent, but the lemon glazing made the cake so sour, even my gums puckered up. I ate it anyway.


Day 35
Ever notice broccoli looks pretty creepy up close?

No comments: