Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 37
The weather has been so hot that I've been carrying a 1 litre water bottle around the house - and refilling it many, many times a day.

Day 38
Ripples.

Day 39
These socks were going for more than half price at Mothercare, so I snapped them up, never mind that they run the entire spectrum of psychedelic colours. That same day, I also bought a pack of all white rompers. When the baby wears an all-white romper with a pair of these socks, his feet will precede him by a mile. Do I care? Nope, I is bad Mummy.

Day 40
Some years back, I received a credit card bill on which was a mysterious item for $20. I couldn't recall spending that $20 and my first thought was: Credit card scam!

A quick check showed my card was still in my wallet though, so my next conclusion was that someone must have stolen my credit card number and bought something online.

I quickly called up the credit card company and asked them to investigate what that $20 item was for. The bank officer called me back a while later and said, in a puzzled tone: "That $20 item you were asking about... did you pay for something at ROM?"

That was when the metaphorical lightbulb went off over my head. Yes, that's right! I had signed up for a date to get registered on the ROM website and then paid forwith my credit card!

You who are reading this must be wondering: 1. Which idiot actually forgets that she signed up for a date to get registered? and 2. What made me think that I got credit card-scammed when even a loser credit card fraudster will not scam a person of only $20?

I cannot answer your question.

So anyway, seven years ago today, we got registered. I didn't forget to turn up that day.

No comments: